EAN-13 Size Setting Instruction
EAN-13 Barcode Size
Using any of our EAN-13 barcode generator, users are able to customize the image size during barcode generation.
The EAN-13 generators below are powerful enought to achieve this.
- W : the width of EAN-13 barcode image, including quiet zones.
- X : the width of EAN-13 narrowest bar; X min = 1 pixel.
- C : the number of EAN-13 encoded data characters, including the check digit; C =12.
- Q : the width of the quiet zone; Q > = 7X; Q (L) = 11X, Q (R) = 7X.
EAN-13 Barcode Width
In GS1 specification, the barcode width of EAN-13, W (measured in pixel), is easy to be calculated.
- If EAN-13 barcode needs no supplement data, the expression should be:
W = ( C * 7 + 11 ) X + 2Q       // C = 12, Q (L) = 11X, Q (R) = 7X.
= ( 12 * 7 + 11 ) X + 11X + 7X
= 95X + 18X
W min = 113X       // X = 1
- If EAN-13 barcode needs a Two-digit Add-On, the whole barcode image width including the minimum quiet zones should be 138X. W min = 138 pixel.
- If EAN-13 barcode needs a Five-digit Add-On, the whole barcode image width including the minimum quiet zones should be 165X. W min = 165 pixel.
, In Our EAN-13 generators, the value of each quiet zone is default by 10X
[Q (L) = 10X, Q (R) = 10X]. So, the respective value of W in above calculation should be 115X
, (135X + 15)
, (162X + 15)
EAN-13 Barcode Height
According to GS1 specification, EAN-13 barcode height, including the human readable text, should be 25.9 millimeters (1.0 inch). Moreover, the height of any two-digit or five-digit Add-On Symbol used, including the human readable text, must not extend outside the image height dimensions of the primary barcode.
There is no need to worry about the requirements for height setting as our EAN-13 generators will automatically set the image height conforming to the specification. Meanwhile, customers can control the barcode height through Top and Bottom Margin settings.
OnBarcode provides details of EAN-13 Barcode Size Setting in C#