Micro PDF417 Introduction
Micro PDF417 (ISO/IEC 24728:2006) overview and features
Micro PDF417 Overview
MicroPDF417 is a multi-row symbology derived from PDF417. It is utilized by applications with a need to encode a moderate amount of data in a 2D barcode, and when minimizing barcode image size is a crucial concern. Moreover, the image of Micro PDF417 may only be printed in certain defined combinations of rows, columns, and error correction codewords.
Micro PDF417 Structure and Size
The structure of Micro PDF417 is as follows:
There are four Micro PDF417 image sizes based on its column versions, namely one-, two-, three-, and four-column version MicroPDF417.
Please get details from Micro PDF417 size setting instruction
Micro PDF417 Encodable Character Set
1. Text Compaction mode:
- all printable characters, i.e. values 32 to 126 inclusive in accordance with ISO/IEC 646.
- selected control characters (HT or tab, LF or line feed, and CR or carriage return).
2. Byte Compaction mode:
- all 256 possible 8-bit byte values, which include all ASCII characters value 0 to 127 inclusive and provide for international character set support.
3. Numeric Compaction mode:
4. Up to 811 800 different character sets or data interpretations.
5. Various function codewords for control purposes.
Micro PDF417 Data Characters per Symbol
Maximum Micro PDF417 symbol size, at error correction level 0:
- Text Compaction mode: 250 characters
- Byte Compaction mode: 150 characters
- Numeric Compaction mode: 366 characters
Extended Channel Interpretations (ECIs)
The Extended Channel Interpretation (ECI) protocol entitles the output data stream to differ interpretations from that of the default character set. And this protocol is specified consistently across a number of linear and two dimensional barcode types. The ECIs are assigned by AIM Global, Inc.
Structured Append allows the data in a file to be split into blocks and encoded in more than one MicroPDF417 barcode image. Each Structured Append image should include additional control information which enables the original data file to be restored accurately.
Up to 99,999 individual MicroPDF417 barcode images can be used to encode data in Structured Append.