CHAPTER 2 SQL SERVER MANAGEMENT STUDIO
Encoding Data Matrix 2d Barcode In C#
Using Barcode drawer for .NET Control to generate, create Data Matrix image in VS .NET applications.www.OnBarcode.com
Data Matrix Reader In C#.NET
Using Barcode decoder for VS .NET Control to read, scan read, scan image in Visual Studio .NET applications.www.OnBarcode.com
Figure 2-8. The View menu options 11. SQL Server has two built-in tools as well as the capability to include other tools when they are launched. These can be accessed through the Tools menu, shown in Figure 2-9, along with the means to customize keyboard commands, show or hide toolbar buttons, etc., as is the case with other Microsoft products such as Word. In particular, note the following options: SQL Server Profiler: There will come a time when you wish to monitor SQL Server s performance. This tool will monitor and log events, running code, etc., that you have informed it to check when they happen within SQL Server. Database Engine Tuning Advisor: It is possible to take a workload of data and process it through your solution. This advisor can suggest ways to improve the performance of this process. Options: This option lets you access different options you can use to set up your SSMS as you like. We will take a look at each of these options in the next section.
Print Linear Barcode In C#.NET
Using Barcode drawer for VS .NET Control to generate, create Linear 1D Barcode image in .NET applications.www.OnBarcode.com
PDF-417 2d Barcode Creator In C#.NET
Using Barcode creation for .NET framework Control to generate, create PDF417 image in Visual Studio .NET applications.www.OnBarcode.com
Figure 2-9. The Tools menu options 12. The final part of SSMS that we will take a look at is the main SSMS toolbar, as you can see in Figure 2-10. Some of the icons, such as the Save icon, will be instantly recognizable, but let s go through each button so that it is clear what they all do.
Making UCC - 12 In Visual C#
Using Barcode maker for .NET framework Control to generate, create GTIN - 128 image in .NET framework applications.www.OnBarcode.com
Matrix Generator In Visual C#.NET
Using Barcode generator for .NET Control to generate, create Matrix Barcode image in .NET applications.www.OnBarcode.com
CHAPTER 2 SQL SERVER MANAGEMENT STUDIO
Generate ANSI/AIM Code 128 In Visual C#
Using Barcode printer for .NET Control to generate, create Code 128 Code Set A image in VS .NET applications.www.OnBarcode.com
Draw USD-3 In C#
Using Barcode maker for .NET Control to generate, create USD-3 image in VS .NET applications.www.OnBarcode.com
Figure 2-10. Main toolbar 13. In the next section, you will see how you can write code to add objects, work with data, and so on. Clicking the New Query button will open up a new query window, which allows you to do this using the connection already made with SQL Server.
Data Matrix Creation In None
Using Barcode creation for Office Word Control to generate, create DataMatrix image in Office Word applications.www.OnBarcode.com
Generate Data Matrix 2d Barcode In Objective-C
Using Barcode encoder for iPhone Control to generate, create ECC200 image in iPhone applications.www.OnBarcode.com
14. Similar to the New Query button, the New Database Engine Query button will also create a new query window. However, this will give you the option of having a different connection to SQL Server through which to run your code. This is a good way of testing code with a different connection to ensure that you cannot see data that should be secure, such as wages, via that connection.
Making Barcode In Visual Studio .NET
Using Barcode drawer for VS .NET Control to generate, create Barcode image in .NET applications.www.OnBarcode.com
PDF-417 2d Barcode Creation In None
Using Barcode creation for Software Control to generate, create PDF-417 2d barcode image in Software applications.www.OnBarcode.com
15. Data within a specialized database known as an analysis database allows you to interrogate the data and analyze the information contained within. The three New Analysis Service Query buttons allow you to build different types of analysis queries. I include this information here only for your reference, as analysis databases fall outside the scope of this book.
Code-39 Generator In None
Using Barcode drawer for Software Control to generate, create Code 3 of 9 image in Software applications.www.OnBarcode.com
Print EAN-13 In None
Using Barcode generation for Office Excel Control to generate, create EAN 13 image in Office Excel applications.www.OnBarcode.com
16. SQL Server editions also include an edition called SQL Server Mobile. This allows SQL Server to run on devices such as PDAs. If you have this installed, then clicking the SQL Server Mobile Query button will allow a SQL Server Mobile query to be run. Again, this book does not cover this particular function further.
Print EAN128 In Java
Using Barcode maker for Java Control to generate, create UCC.EAN - 128 image in Java applications.www.OnBarcode.com
Generating ANSI/AIM Code 39 In .NET Framework
Using Barcode generator for Reporting Service Control to generate, create USS Code 39 image in Reporting Service applications.www.OnBarcode.com
17. As with every other Windows-based product, it is possible to open and save files. The Open button (the first one shown in the following image) will allow you to search for a T-SQL file. The next two buttons change their function depending on what you are doing, but in the main, the Single Save button will give you the option to save the details of the window that is active in the main documents area of SSMS. The Multiple Save button will give you the option to save all the open tabs in the documents window.
UPC A Drawer In None
Using Barcode drawer for Software Control to generate, create Universal Product Code version A image in Software applications.www.OnBarcode.com
Printing QR Code ISO/IEC18004 In Objective-C
Using Barcode drawer for iPhone Control to generate, create QR Code image in iPhone applications.www.OnBarcode.com
18. The last set of buttons open up explorers and document tabs that we have covered already. From left to right in the following image, these buttons access the Registered Servers Explorer, summary page, Object Explorer, Template Explorer, and Properties window.
Denso QR Bar Code Encoder In Visual Studio .NET
Using Barcode printer for Reporting Service Control to generate, create Denso QR Bar Code image in Reporting Service applications.www.OnBarcode.com
QR-Code Maker In Java
Using Barcode creation for Android Control to generate, create Denso QR Bar Code image in Android applications.www.OnBarcode.com