backup-normal.bkf backup-diff-day1.bkf backup-diff-day2.bkf backup-inc-day2.bkf backup-inc-day3.bkf
USS Code 39 Drawer In Visual C#.NET
Using Barcode creation for .NET Control to generate, create Code 39 Extended image in Visual Studio .NET applications.www.OnBarcode.com
Scanning Code 39 In Visual C#.NET
Using Barcode reader for Visual Studio .NET Control to read, scan read, scan image in .NET framework applications.www.OnBarcode.com
Are there any differences between the contents of backup-diff-day2 and backupinc-day2
Bar Code Creator In Visual C#.NET
Using Barcode creation for .NET framework Control to generate, create barcode image in .NET applications.www.OnBarcode.com
Barcode Reader In Visual C#
Using Barcode scanner for .NET Control to read, scan read, scan image in VS .NET applications.www.OnBarcode.com
backup-normal.bkf: Historical, Current, Budget, and Projections backup-diff-day1.bkf: Current backup-diff-day2.bkf: Current and Budget backup-inc-day2.bkf: Current and Budget backup-inc-day3.bkf: Projections
Drawing USS Code 39 In VS .NET
Using Barcode maker for ASP.NET Control to generate, create Code 39 image in ASP.NET applications.www.OnBarcode.com
Creating USS Code 39 In .NET
Using Barcode maker for .NET Control to generate, create Code39 image in VS .NET applications.www.OnBarcode.com
There are no differences between backup-diff-day2 and backup-inc-day2. Both backup types will back up data that has the archive attribute set. Because a normal backup was performed on the first day, all files that have changed since the first day will have the archive attribute set.
Code 39 Drawer In VB.NET
Using Barcode encoder for Visual Studio .NET Control to generate, create Code39 image in VS .NET applications.www.OnBarcode.com
EAN128 Encoder In Visual C#.NET
Using Barcode maker for Visual Studio .NET Control to generate, create UCC.EAN - 128 image in Visual Studio .NET applications.www.OnBarcode.com
Linear Barcode Generator In C#.NET
Using Barcode maker for .NET framework Control to generate, create Linear 1D Barcode image in .NET framework applications.www.OnBarcode.com
Make Barcode In Visual C#.NET
Using Barcode creator for VS .NET Control to generate, create barcode image in Visual Studio .NET applications.www.OnBarcode.com
Lesson 2 Review
GS1 - 12 Drawer In C#
Using Barcode encoder for VS .NET Control to generate, create UPC Code image in .NET applications.www.OnBarcode.com
UPC - 8 Generation In C#
Using Barcode drawer for Visual Studio .NET Control to generate, create GTIN - 8 image in .NET framework applications.www.OnBarcode.com
1. A user has accidentally deleted the data in a Microsoft Word document and saved the document, thereby permanently altering the original file. A normal backup operation was performed on the server the previous evening. Which restore option should you select
EAN / UCC - 13 Creation In None
Using Barcode drawer for Software Control to generate, create EAN-13 image in Software applications.www.OnBarcode.com
QR Code Recognizer In None
Using Barcode reader for Software Control to read, scan read, scan image in Software applications.www.OnBarcode.com
Creating 2D Barcode In Java
Using Barcode printer for Java Control to generate, create Matrix 2D Barcode image in Java applications.www.OnBarcode.com
ANSI/AIM Code 39 Encoder In None
Using Barcode creation for Online Control to generate, create USS Code 39 image in Online applications.www.OnBarcode.com
Barcode Encoder In Java
Using Barcode generation for Android Control to generate, create barcode image in Android applications.www.OnBarcode.com
EAN / UCC - 13 Creation In None
Using Barcode drawer for Software Control to generate, create GS1-128 image in Software applications.www.OnBarcode.com
Backing Up Data
PDF-417 2d Barcode Encoder In Java
Using Barcode creator for Android Control to generate, create PDF417 image in Android applications.www.OnBarcode.com
Generate QR In None
Using Barcode maker for Software Control to generate, create QR Code 2d barcode image in Software applications.www.OnBarcode.com
a. Do Not Replace The File On My Computer b. Replace The File On Disk Only If The File On Disk Is Older c. Always Replace The File On My Computer
The correct answer is c. The file does exist on the server, but the file has been corrupted. You should replace the file with the copy in the backup set.
2. An executive has returned from a business trip. Before the trip, she copied files from a network folder to her hard drive. The folder is shared with other executives, who modified their files in the folder while she was away. When she returned, she moved her copy of the files to the network share, thereby updating her files with the changes she made while away, but also overwriting all the files that had been changed by other executives. The other executives are unhappy that their files have been replaced with the versions that were active when she left for her trip. Luckily, you performed a normal backup operation on the folder the previous evening. What restore option should you choose a. Do Not Replace The File On My Computer b. Replace The File On Disk Only If The File On Disk Is Older c. Always Replace The File On My Computer
The correct answer is b. This option will not overwrite files that were changed by the executive while she was away. Those files will have a date more recent than the backup. It will, however, restore the other executives files over the older versions she uploaded to the network.
Users should be trained to use the Offline Files feature so that this kind of disaster, which is not uncommon, can be avoided. Offline Files synchronizes changed files only, so only the updates she made would have been uploaded to the network, leaving the other executives changes intact.
3. You would like to test the restore procedures on your server, but would also like to avoid affecting the production copies of the backed-up data. What is the best restore location to use a. Original location b. Alternate location c. Single folder
The correct answer is b. Restoring to an alternate location will restore the folder structure and files that were backed up. You can then compare the contents of the target location with the original backed-up files to verify the success of the restore procedure.
Questions and Answers
Lesson 3 Review
1. Scott Bishop is a power user at a remote site that includes 20 users. The site has a Windows Server 2003 system providing file and print servers. There is a tape drive installed on the system. Because there is no local, full-time administrator at the site, you want to allow Scott to back up and restore the server. However, you want to minimize the power and the privileges that Scott obtains, limiting his capabilities strictly to backup and restore. What is the best practice to provide Scott the minimum necessary credentials to achieve his task
Make Scott a member of the Backup Operators group. The Backup Operators group is assigned, by default, the privilege to back up and restore files and folders.
2. Write the command that will allow you to fully back up the C:\Data\Finance folder to a file called Backup.bkf in a share called Backup on Server02, with the backup job name Backup of Finance Folder. Then, write the command that will allow you to perform an incremental backup and append the backup set to the same file, with the same backup job name.
ntbackup backup "c:\data\finance" /J "Backup of Finance Folder" /F "\\server02 \backup\backup.bkf" ntbackup backup "c:\data\finance" /J "Backup of Finance Folder" /F "\\server01 \backup\backup.bkf" /a /m incremental
3. A user has deleted a file in a shared folder on a server. The user opens the properties of the folder and does not see a Previous Versions tab. Which of the following might be true (Choose all that apply.) a. The folder is not enabled for Shadow Copy. b. The volume on the server is not enabled for Shadow Copy. c. The user doesn t have permission to view the Shadow Copy cache. d. The Shadow Copy client is not installed on the user s machine. e. The folder is on a FAT volume.
The correct answers are b, d, and e. Shadow Copy is enabled per volume, not per folder. Once Shadow Copy is enabled, any user with the client installed will see a Previous Versions tab for a file or folder that has changed. Shadow Copy is supported only on NTFS volumes.