"This barcode library is supremely well written, quick, hassle-free tools. It worked great."
- Joel Bader, US
Scan & Read Linear & 2D BarCodes in .NET applications using .NET Barcode Reader Control
- Read and recognize 20+ linear, 2d barcode images in .NET
- Scan and read barcodes from any angle inside the barcode image in any Visual Studio .NET development
- Decode barcodes from Tiff, Bitmap, Gif, Jpeg image types in .net class
- Support quick scan barcodes from specified area inside the image document
- Completely developed in .NET, compatible with .net framework 2.0 and later version
- Reading and recognizing 2d (matrix) barcode images, including QR Code in .NET, PDF-417 in .NET, Data Matrix in .NET.
- Scanning and recognizing linear (1d) barcode images, including Code 39 in .NET, Code 128 in .NET,
EAN-8 in .NET, EAN-13 in .NET, UPC-A in .NET, UPC-E in .NET, Interleaved 2 of 5 in .NET
- Mature .NET barcode reading component SDK
.NET Barcode Reader
is a .NET barcode scanning control
which scan and read 1D (linear) and 2D (matrix) barcodes from image files. Besides .NET Barcode Reader library, OnBarcode also provides .NET Barcode Generator
for generating linear and 2D barcodes in the .NET applications.
This article provides detailed developer guide for .NET Barcode Reader SDK. To use this article, you need first download the evaluation version of .NET Barcode Reader
from our site.
Besides this article for .NET developers, we also provide the following articles for C#, VB.NET professionals.
- C# Barcode Reader - Guide for scanning and reading barcodes in C# using .NET Barcode Reader Control
- VB.NET Barcode Reader - Guide for scanning and reading barcodes in VB.NET using .NET Barcode Reader Control
.NET Barcode Reader Package Overview
- OnBarcode.Barcode.BarcodeScanner.dll - .NET Barcode Reader SDK Control for you to integrate into your .NET project
- BarcodeLabelsScanner.exe - Free Barcode Scanner Software for you to test the barcode reading performance easily and quickly
- DeveloperGuide.html - .NET Barcode Reader SDK developer guide
.NET Barcode Reader Install & Requirement
You need install Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 2.0 or later version.
Add OnBarcode.Barcode.BarcodeScanner.dll into your .NET project reference.
How to read barcodes using .NET Barcode Reader?
Scan barcodes from the image documents
Read barcodes from image is a simple task with barcode reader for .net control.
Here is the sample demo code in C# to scan barcodes from image files
String barcodes = BarcodeScanner.Scan("code39image.gif", BarcodeType.Code39);
Pass your barcode image file, and barcode type to BarcodeScanner.Scan method, and it will scan the image and return all barcodes found.
Scan barcodes from .NET image object
To scan barcodes from System.Drawing.Bitmap object.
System.Drawing.Bitmap objImage = ...
String barcodes = BarcodeScanner.Scan(objImage, BarcodeType.Code39);
Scan barcodes from the defined area within the image
To scan barcodes from defined area in the image document. The following C# codes will scan user defined area (left top point is [0, 0], right bottom point is [200, 300]) from the image document.
List<SRegion> areas = new List<SRegion>();
SRegion area = new SRegion(0, 0, 50, 60);
string barcodes = BarcodeScanner.ScanRegions("code39image.gif", BarcodeType.Code39, areas);
Scan maximum 1 barcode from the image
If there is maximum one barcode in the image file, to improve the reading speed, you can use the following method to scan the barcode.
String barcodes = BarcodeScanner.ScanSingleBarcode("code39image.gif", BarcodeType.Code39);
.NET Barcode Scanner Supported Barcode Types
.NET Barcode Reader SDK - Barcode Image Scanning