"At the beginning, some problems hindered my project and the support team did a great job getting the application development back on track. Thanks again!"
- Siew Thong Ng, Australia
Add & insert high quality linear and 2D barcodes to RDLC report files
- Easy to install & integrate Barcode Control DLL for RDLC
- Strong-named and signed assembly for .NET 2.0, 3.0, or greater
- Compatible with SQL Server 2005 and 2008 with Adventure Works sample database installed
- Easy to be used in C#, VB.NET, Managed C++ and Borland Delphi for .NET
- Barcodes generated are compatible with latest barcode symbology ISO Standards
- Generate barcodes in image files as well as in the memory
- Customize barcode image, size, rotation, resolution via VB.NET and C#
- C# source code is available with purchase of the unlimited developer license
This document explains how to use .NET Barcode Generator
to generate and print barcodes on local reports RDLC files.
To order .NET RDLC Barcode Generator, please directly refer to: Purchase .NET Barcode Generator for RDLC License
How to generate & print barcodes in your local reports RDLC files in .NET Windows applications?
This Tutorial Working Environment
- .NET Barcode Generator - Download .NET Barcode Generator for RDLC report files.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 or later version.
- SQL Server 2005 (any edition) with AdventureWorks Database installed.
Generate Barcodes in RDLC
- Create a new .NET Windows Application project. Name the project as "RDLCBarcodeDemo".
- Create a new DataSet.
Create a new Report named "Report1.rdlc".In Report Items from Toolbar, insert a Table to the report.Add 3 columns in DataSet "AdventureWorks.xsd" to the report table details section. And then, drag an Image item to the last column "Barcode".Set image item property "MIMEType" to "image/jpeg".
- Create a new DataSet named "AdventureWorks.xsd".
- In toolbox, drag and drop "TableAdapter" to your created DataSet.
- Create a new connection or use existing connection to SQL Server AdventureWorks Sample Database.
- "Use SQL statements" as the way TableAdapter access the database.
- "SELECT ProductID, Name FROM Production.vProductAndDescription WHERE (CultureID = N'en')" as SQL statements. Then, click "Finish" button.
- Create a new column in the DataTable named "Barcode", by right click "vProductAndDescription" on the DataSet.
- Change new column "Barcode" data type to "System.Byte". The type value is not available to select, you need manully input.
- Save DataSet "AdventureWorks.xsd".
Set image item property "Source" to "Database".
Set image item property "Value" to "=Fields!Barcode.Value". And save the report.Open your Windows Form, and insert a Report Viewer control on the form. And choose your created report "Report1.rdlc".Add "OnBarcode.Barcode.winforms.dll" to .NET project reference from the "Solution Explorer".Copy the following C#.NET code into the method Form1_Load and run the Windows application.
private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
// load data to the data table
// create a linear barcode object
Linear barcode = new Linear();
// set barcode type to Code 128
barcode.Type = BarcodeType.CODE128;
// draw barcodes for each data row
foreach (AdventureWorks.vProductAndDescriptionRow row
// set barcode encoding data value
barcode.Data = row.ProductID.ToString();
// set drawing barcode image format
barcode.Format = System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Jpeg;
row.Barcode = barcode.drawBarcodeAsBytes();
.NET RDLC Report Barcode Generator Supported Barcodes
.NET Barcode Control for RDLC Local Report - Barcode Image Generation