"It is a mature, advanced and efficient barcode generator addin. Using it to insert barcodes for Word is just a piece of cake! "
- Elvis, Houston USA
Detailed information on how to integrate barcode generation function into Word documents
- Easy to install and use this Barcode Plug-In for high quality linear and 2D barcodes creation in Word
- Low-resolution printer support allows high quality bar codes to be created
- Industry standards are pre-configured in all supported barcode types
- Accurate linear (1D) barcode creation support allows creation of Code 128, EAN 128, UPC-A, EAN-13, etc
- Support commonly used 2D barcodes including QR Code, Data Matrix as well as PDF 417
- Integration with Mailings can be a simple task with simple mouse clicks on the setting panel
- Mature and efficient setting panel provided various choices on barcode customization
- Automatic check character calculation support can save much time and effort with this plug-in
Word Barcode Add-In
is a reliable and robust barcode generation component for Microsoft Word 2007 and later. This tutorial guide will display how to install and implement this add-in in detail for generating accurate linear and 2D barcodes in Word documents.
Integration of MS Office Word Barcode Add-In
Operating Systems Compatibility:
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Office Word Versions Compatibility:
- Microsoft Office Word 2010
- Microsoft Office Word 2007
Microsoft Office Word Barcode Add-in Installation:
- Download the Office Word Barcode Generator Add-in from Onbarcode.com and unzip the free evaluation package.
- Close all your Office Word programs and run the setup file.
- Click the "next" button, thus, the add-in will be installed successfully.
- Open a new Word document and a window named "Microsoft Office Customization Installer" pops up immediately.
- Click "Install" in the pop-up window and Word Barcode Add-In is valid under the "Add-Ins" tab.
Note that, if Word Barcode Add-In doesn't appear under the "Add-Ins" tab after the above steps, please do as follows:
- Click Office Button > Word Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings... > Add-ins.
- Undo "Disable all Application Add-ins (may impair functionality)" and click "OK".
- After that, click Office Button > Word Options > Add-Ins > COM Add-ins (from the "manage" pull-down menu) > Go.
- Please select "OnBarcode Word 2007 AddIn" and click "OK" in the pop-up window.
- Switch to "Add-Ins" tab to make sure that Word Barcode Add-In is available now.
Barcode Generation Guide in Microsoft Office Word
Generate a Single Barcode into Word
A single barcode creation can be a basic function of Word Barcode Plug-In. Follow the below steps to get the details:
- Open a new Word document and click "Create Barcode" under "Add-Ins" tab to activate Word Barcode Add-In.
- A barcode setting panel pops up immediately and you may move your cursor to the target position of Word document.
- Click "Generate" to generate a default barcode in the target position.
- Choose your needed "Barcode Type", like Code 39, Code 128, EAN-13, GS1 128, Data Matrix, QR Code, PDF 417, etc.
- And then input the data to be encoded in the "Data" box.
- Customize the properties that are required in the setting panel like "Image width", "Rotate", "Bar Alignment", "Font", etc.
- Click "Update" to display the target barcode image in the target position of Word.
Update Generated Barcode Images in Word
If the created barcode image needs some more modification, you may do as below to customize it for your requirements.
- Select the barcode image you want to modify.
- Adjust the parameters that are required.
- After that, click "Update" for a new barcode as required.
Generate Barcode in Mail-Merge for Word
- Open a Word document and activate Word Barcode Add-In.
- Switch to "Mailings" tab in the menu bar and click "Select Recipients".
- Type a new list or use an existing one by selecting related option in the pull-down list.
- Click "Generate" in the setting panel to generate a default barcode.
- Customize "Barcode Type", "Data" and other properties that are needed.
- After that, click "Update" for creating the target barcode to the main document.
- Switch back to "Mailings" tab and click "Finish & Merge".
After that, you may:
- Merge to new document to edit individual documents.
- Print out or scan the barcodes to verify whether the data is encoded correctly.
- Or send email messages directly.
Create Barcode Labels on Word
- Open a Word document, activate the barcode setting panel, and select or create a recipient list.
- Switch to "Mailings" tab and click "Labels" in the pull-down list of "Start Mail Merge".
- Select the style of the table in the pop-up window and click "OK".
- Click "Generate" for a default barcode and adjust "Barcode Type", "Data", etc.
- Then click "Update" in the setting panel for your required first barcode label.
- After that, click "Update Labels" and all the rest labels are automatically and successfully filled with the same barcode.
- Finally click "Finish & Merge" to choose other services as requirements.
Barcode Types Supported by Word Barcode Add-In