Word Data Matrix Generator Data Encoding Tutorial
samples to input valid data and generate 2D Data Matrix images in Word
Word Data Matrix Add-in Introduction
Word Data Matrix Overview
Data Matrix, also known as Data Matrix ECC200, is great 2-dimensional matrix barcode to store different data up to 2,335 alphanumeric characters.
Word Data Matrix is a 2D barcode image generation add-in which is capable of adding high quality Data Matrix images in Microsoft Word 2003/2007/2010 documents. The installation of the Data Matrix Add-in is simple and requires no programming skills. It is easy to encode the valid digit into the Data Matrix barcode through the Word Data Matrix add-in. Customizable Data Matrix barcode properties, developed from the latest Data Matrix standard, allows the users of Word Data Matrix add-in easily configuring the Data Matrix bar code images in Word documents.
This page explains in detail how you can encode valid data for a Data Matrix generation in Microsoft Word documents with OnBarcode Word Barcode Add-In, here are some other tutorials you might need on how to customize image and size for a created Data Matrix in Word.
Data Matrix Related Products
Onbarcode, a professional barcode solution supplier, provides both Word barcode add-ins and other barcode components to generate Data Matrix images in different developmental environment, like:
- .NET Data Matrix Generation SDK for NET projects. Add Data Matrix barcode image printing into .NET projects, like ASP.NET, .NET WinForms, Crystal Report for .NET as well as SSRS in .NET.
- C#.NET Data Matrix Generation Component for C#.NET development. Generate Data Matrix barcode image in .NET projects via C#.
- VB.NET Data Matrix Generation Component for Visual Basic.NET projects. Display high quality Data Matrix barcode images in .NET projects with Visual Basic .NET.
- Java Data Matrix Generation SDK for Java programs. Create Data Matrix barcode images for multiple Java applications.
- BIRT Data Matrix Generation Component for BIRT projects. Integrate Data Matrix barcode image printing functionality into BIRT Reports.
Word Data Matrix Data Encoding
Data Matrix Valid Character Set
The Data Matrix barcode is a 2D barcode which is capable of encoding text or raw data. The amount of data that the Data Matrix may encode is from a few bytes up to 1556 bytes. The Data Matrix is also able to encode up to 2335 alphanumeric characters, or 3116 characters from the entire ASCII character set, including extensions. The more characters Data Matrix encode, the more symbol dimension the Data Matrix use. Error correction codes are used by the Data Matrix for accurately decoding the symbol even if they are damaged. Although the Data Matrix has large data capacities, it may encode 50 characters in a small symbol size at 2 or 3 mm square and can be read accurately. So the Data Matrix is generally used on labeling small items.
Data Matrix Barcode Symbol Components
If encoding the data string "http://www.onbarcode.com/products/net_barcode/barcodes/data_matrix.html
" into a Data Matrix symbol, it looks like the following image:
Encode data into Data Matrix in Word
- Install Word PDF417 Barcode add-in first
- Open Word and switch to the Barcode toolbar->Add Ins tab
- Open the Bar code Panel and choose the Data Matrix from the barcode type list
- Input characters into the data box
- Configure barcode properties as necessary.
- Click Update button. A Data Matrix image export in Word!